Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Day 2, in which I turn 32

So day two we awoke with a new sense of excitement, a new spring in our step, a new age!!  Okay, not all of those may be true for all of those who woke up to rain, but I did wake up a new age.  32 on the 23rd.  It was a big high for me.  The low, you guessed it, RAIN.  My big birthday plans to go to the zoo were thrown out the window and new plans for the Portland Children's Museum took shape.  I was still excited because I have never been to Oregon!  Can you believe it.  32 years and never been down that way. 
This was the view from the bridge.  Don't know if I have mentioned it before, but I LOVE TRAINS!!
The kiddos really enjoyed the museum and it was pretty cool. 
They had an entire room for water play. 
A face painting area.  That I really got into.
A tree house.
The classic set up of tubes that suck up balls and take them through a maze of tubes above you before coming back.
And so much more that I didn't take any photos of!!  After our outing we headed back to camp.  Before we hit camp though, we hit a Fred Myers and got some birthday dessert!  We enjoyed an evening of games while the kids enjoyed a movie.  It was a very good second day.  Wait that might have been the day I saw a herd of elk.  No one in the car believed me and the men folk teased me for ever.  Like the entire trip!!!  Oh well, I saw them and it was cool.  It may have been a different day because teasing the birthday girl should be an off limits thing!! Stay tuned to learn all about my most favorite part of our trip, the Ape Caves.

No comments:

Post a Comment