Monday, May 11, 2015

The hundred acre wood

I got to visit the hundred acre wood this weekend!  Okay, not the real one.  But as Sam and I walked through the woods we were at she said," Mom, they have their very own hundred acre wood!"  Since then every time I mention the 100 acre she has to correct me and say it was 110.  Silly girl.  Where is this magical 100 acre wood?  Well, my girls were invited to a friends birthday. 
The friend lives on a beautiful 110 acre farm in concrete.  It was love starting with the drive.  It felt like we had somehow been put down into Narnia.  I'm a sucker for a good drive.  Then we arrived.  It wasn't what I expected.  110 acre farm in my mind meant wide open space, vast fields,  and live stock.  Instead it was a wonderful place were people made you feel welcome, cuteness was everywhere,
 and kids got to swim in a creek(that I kept calling a river).
The girls and I can't wait to go back and have more wonderful adventures in the hundred acre wood!

No comments:

Post a Comment