Monday, July 5, 2010

Another First

This one is not a happy go lucky kind of first. It was our first trip to the ER for an injury. Under the watchful eye of his mother little Caleb fell head first into a fire pit. I watched the entire thing and it was a horrible slow motion moment. As soon as he started to fall I jumped from my chair to scoop him up. He was only there for a couple seconds, but it felt like an eternity!! My nurse self kicked in to high gear and we ran to cold water and ice. It turns out he was looking left when he fell so his burns are all on his left side. God also protected him by him falling into the one spot of the entire fire that was the least hot!The people we were with were so wonderful. Jeff took Caleb away from me and the men all gathered around him to pray. At that point in time I was in the house bailing. Mommy feelings took over. After a call to the doctor we took Caleb in to get checked out at the ER. The doctor was amazed at how calm Caleb was. He said there shouldn't be any scars and the burns are minor. We will be washing them three times a day and putting ointment on them. What a traumatic 4th of July! Today his little cheek which got the worst of it is all swollen like a chipmunk! My poor sweet son.

1 comment:

  1. Oh Ruth...I am so glad he is OK! Give him a kiss from Mrs. Honey!

    ReplyDelete