Monday, July 19, 2010

On the mend!!


I know that all of you out there are so curious how Caleb's burn is doing I thought I should update you. When we first went to the ER the doctor simply wanted me to clean it and apply ointment three times a day. Two days later we went to our doctors office where the treatment was changed. A lot of dead tissue had built up on his cheek and he was very swollen. The doctor took us back to a treatment room and cleaned up the burn to remove the dead skin. Caleb did very well with the entire thing. The wound was then dressed and I got new orders. A daily dressing change that required lots of scrubbing to remove as much dead skin as possible. Every day Caleb and mom got together and endured the pain. Once all the dead skin was gone we had permission to leave it open to air. Now his face is just a little pink and getting better every day!! We have been told from the very start that there shouldn't be any scar and it looks as if that is true. Praise the Lord for all his goodness in all things!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my, that is one treatment plan I can't imagine carrying out!! OUCH!!!!

    His little face sure looks great though. He is a doll!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I hadn't read about the burn...poor little guy. I'm so glad it's doing better now!

    ReplyDelete