Friday, September 6, 2013

Final day of summer

This year I had big plans for Labor Day to be our final day of summer.  Since it was going to be our last day I thought a fun outing was needed.  I got a hold of my mom and plans were made.  We all headed out to Birch Bay for water play and kayaking! Well, everyone but Jeff.  He had to work.  It kinda windy when we arrived, but quickly turned nice.
The tide was pretty far out and watching Grandpa hike the kayak out was kinda funny. 
He told us we all looked like giants while he kayaked.
When he hiked my daughter back for a clothing change it was nothing but sweet.
The boys really enjoyed playing in the water.  It was shallow and warm.  And I did bring swim gear, but never changed them, oops!
They also enjoyed their version of kayaking.
Josh was so sweet pushing Isaiah all over the place!
Melia and Kellina loved the kayak too, but I don't have any photos!  Samantha and her friend were the big swimmers.  See the two blurs that is them.
I thought I got photos with all my kids, but while I was editing I realized I missed Caleb!
I did get a group shot though.
We ended our day spending time with the cute new member of our family.  No, she is not mine!  She is my niece.
All in all our final day of summer was super fun and turned out to not really be the final as I still haven't got my act all the way together.  Next week, for sure.  We did do our first field trip though, so stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment