Monday, October 10, 2011

New School

Since reading a new book recently(thanks Renee) the Doyle school will be making some changes! The first change comes with a wonderful bonus. Samantha has told me for a while now that she wants to bake when she grows up. She will now be getting several times a week to practice and grow this skill. I put her in charge of one breakfast, one lunch, and one dinner(this may grow with time). I made sure she knew these are special times, not the times when mama has her throw something together cause I didn't plan anything. She will also be planning two baking days during the week. I have encouraged her to think of things she has always wanted to make and get books from the library. This week she got out all our cook books and made her first list of the things she wants to make. She then checked what we had on hand and made the grocery list. She did all the shopping as I pushed the cart around. I will be making changes slowly, but I am excited to see the results:) In case you want to know these are Banana Espresso Chocolate muffins for breakfast, by Samantha.

2 comments:

  1. Seriously. Adopt me. :) Love learning from you Ruth. Share the book!!! Please!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Check out the books Farm Chicks in the Kitchen(Thompson), Pioneer Woman Cooks(Drummon) and Modern Hospitality(Miller)from the library. Those are some of my favorites and have some yummy baked goods in them. =)

    ReplyDelete