Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Being Content

Last night as I laid in bed with Jeff I told him the plans for today. Each activity laid out for each child. With six sometimes I tend to over book
And yesterday Isaiah threw a wrench at me by getting pink eye and needing a first thing in the morning appointment.  Jeff's first advice was cancel everything else and nurse sick kiddos.  I, being the stubborn girl I am, fought that as much as possible.  I figured out how to best use every minute of the day and do all I wanted.  Jeff's next bit of advice was pray about the day.  This morning in my quiet time I decided to follow his second bit of advice.  I prayed that God would give me a willing spirit to do what He wanted me to do.
Soon after three kiddos woke up with obvious pink eye infections.  What did that mean for me.  It meant I would have to cancel all of my very planned out things to stay home and nurse the sick.  And guess what people?  I feel very content in doing it!  I know it is the plan God had all along for my day even if it isn't what I had planned.
"The plans of the heart belong to man, but the answer of the tongue is from the Lord." Proverbs 16:9

1 comment:

  1. Amen. I wish I was more of a "Planner" though I find my days get filled anyway ;) Love the top picture of the 6 of them. :)

    ReplyDelete