Tuesday, June 12, 2012

seven!!

It's hard for me to believe, but my little girl is now seven!!!  She celebrated with her favorite thing, PIZZA!  Not just any pizza either it had to be a Little Caesars Hot and Ready, cheese(very daring I know).  
Her brother wouldn't be left out of photos.

She wanted a very simple cake, chocolate with M&M's.  So my mom added some cute animals to represent Madagascar 3, which they went and saw the day before.  All I have heard since then is movie quotes and songs.
She enjoyed opening her gifts.
And was very gracious when she opened what looked like a stepping stone kit.  She had just done this exact kit with her grandma who this gift was from.  She never complained.  Just thanked grandma and started to move on.  It was then we suggested she opened the box.
She was very thrilled to find it contained cute clothes and not a stepping stone.  Yes, my girl is old enough to enjoy clothing as a gift.
Here she is reading a card her little sister made just for her.  Also mind blowing is Kellina is now old enough to create with written word a card for her sister.
And here are all the cousins enjoying grandma's trampoline and jumping off some sugar. 

We got to enjoy some time just the two of us while Melia shopped with 7 dollars of birthday money(notice the gummy bear necklace).  I asked her what she wanted to do this next year.  Her list included: finish her math work book, get a new spelling book(are you sensing a theme yet).  I asked her what she wanted to do that wasn't school related and she said have two mommy daughter date nights.  I will, for sure, make that happen!!  My little girl is sure growing fast and has already started the countdown to being a teenager :)

1 comment:

  1. I love that she was thankful for something she'd already done. So sweet. Happy birthday, Melia!

    ReplyDelete