Thursday, September 6, 2012

Brave

That was the theme for Kellina's sixth birthday this year.  I am not a themed birthday kinda gal, but thanks to pintrest and other people's creative spirit a themed birthday I did.  My mom made the cake.  Which was mind blowing.  Pictures don't do it justice.
She also provided Kellina with the proper princess dress.
Then we had the party.  Four little girls all in their princess dresses participating in our own Highland games.  They tried their hand at archery.
They tried their hand at rock put.
After which Kellina decided the princess should judge the games not be in them.
Then they tried their hand at caber tossing.
 When that was all done they went in to eat cake.  But wait!  It was missing!  In its place was a Wisp and a clue. 
The girls then had to hunt down Wisp's and the clues that would reveal the cake.  This was a huge hit!  So there you have it.  Kellina is now six, I did my first themed birthday, and we have officially left summer behind and are hitting the books around here.  You will have to suffer through a couple belated summer posts though as those never got written in the busy summer days :)

2 comments:

  1. HOw cool!! Great job Ruth! I feel you on the "end of summer" posts. I am SO FAR BEHIND!! We've been really busy around here and the blog is suffering. I gotta say...I kind of like it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Ruth...looks like alot of fun!

    ReplyDelete