Monday, September 17, 2012

One Proud Mama

That's what I was on Saturday.  Not that I don't have proud moments all the time, being a mother of six.  But Saturday was different.  What was so different?  Samantha hiked with me up to Fragrance Lake.
Might not sound like a big deal to you, but trust me its not a walk in the park.
My pastor and his family can back us up on this one(we ran in to them on our way down).  When it got tough she stuck it out and in the end I think she was glad.  We saw cool things.
We decided that a hike up with a packed lunch and swim gear is for sure a must.
We just had fun(well, at least on the way down).
The most funny things were the things that came out of Isaiah's mouth.  He was on my back in the ergo.  On the way up he kept saying "monkey's, trees" over and over.  On the way down with everyone of my steps he would say "ouch, ouch".  It made Sam and I giggle and almost forget the torture we were enduring.  I can't wait for next summer and more hikes! 

1 comment:

  1. PROUD of you BOTH!!!! :)
    That is hike is a doozy!!!
    Ruth you look gorg in the sidebar shot with Jeff!!

    ReplyDelete