Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Boys are just different...


Side note: new hair thanks to dad.

On my friends blog recently she was sharing some of the flaws she saw in girl scouts. I was retelling these flaws to my in-laws and Samantha was listening. No big deal. Then yesterday it hit home how much she pays attention. And how some times more explanation is needed. She was reading over a girl scout paper we had on the table when she suddenly said,"See mom they encourage boys to." I had no idea what she was talking about. She then explained that I had been saying girl scouts was all about girl power and putting down boys. I explained that was not what I had meant. So during lunch with all girls listening I explained how boys are just different. Girl scouts has a way of encouraging girls by saying they can do anything and every thing boys can do. I am not saying I think girls can't do the same things as boys, but.... I believe God made men and women to be different. He designed us to have different roles in life. I think now a days the world frowns about the beautiful life that God designed for women. After I got through with my in depth explanation Melia gave this simple, but great example. "Yeah we are different. Girls aren't suppose to pee standing up." Just one simple way boys are just different.

No comments:

Post a Comment