Monday, February 22, 2010

A day in life of ..

Joshua. This week I have decided to share a little about each child. I will start with the youngest and work my way up. Joshua was the second born of my twins. Even though he is the youngest he has also been the biggest(in the set of twins). That is why he was named Joshua. I thought it fit a big laid back guy(he was the calmest in the womb). He is my shy guy and doesn't like women he doesn't know. Once you win him over though he will be your friend for life. He is a BIG talker. Not so much words anyone can understand, but he is constantly babbling. He likes to point his finger when he talks. You can tell he is telling you something very important. And we've always called him our little singer. If someone is signing he will jump right in with his version. Even when he cries he talks. His words we understand are no, all done, num num, ma ma, da da, baby, and bye bye. They aren't perfectly spoken but clear enough for me to know what he means. We are working on teaching him signing. He will sometimes sign more, but why put the effort in to it when crying gets the same results. He is the sensitive boy. If a toy is taken away he always breaks down and cries. He is a mama's boy. If we go some where new he is stuck on mom for quite a while before he will venture out on his own. He has 4 teeth. 2 on top and 2 on bottom. I think I see several more coming. He loves to sleep and always has. When he was a new born I was worried in the hospital that he was sleeping to much. He is precious and I can't wait to see how he grows and how the Lord will use him.
I almost forgot the cutest thing he does!! Kisses! If you ask for a kiss he will get all ready and then say mmmmmaaaaahhh! It is so priceless.

2 comments:

  1. "I thought it fit a big laid back guy"- I'd have to agree that Joshua is a perfect fit! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I swear I am reading your blog, I just need to find time to comment. The kids are losing their minds this week. We need a break in this weather to get out of the snow. I loved reading about Joshua, made me feel like I know him better :):) He sure is getting big and seems so very sweet!!

    ReplyDelete