Friday, February 5, 2010

chores

I decided to help keep myself on better track with cleaning the house I needed a chart. I would tackle one room per day and make cleaning a less daunting task. This doesn't include my daily chores. While setting up my own chart I thought the kids should have one also. I made each girl their very own and off we went. This is the first week we've been doing it, but so far its been great. I feel much more motivated to do my cleaning when I see it hanging in front of me and dividing the house up has made it much less overwhelming. The girls have jumped right on board. They are so motivated to get a sticker for each task they complete I can't believe it. On the little girls chart I drew little pictures and told them which each meant. Now they can look for themselves to see what needs to be done. Melia's competitive nature comes out and she counts all of hers and then compares. Kellina's imagination goes wild and all of her stickers represent people in her life.."See mommy this one is you, daddy, Aunt Carla......" The list is getting very long.(no more Aren't Carla) For Samantha it gives her that visual reminder that she needs. There is no question when I say get your chores done. For her chart she loves to make patterns when she puts up her stickers. She is a very visual person. All in all I have to say I LOVE the chore charts.

No comments:

Post a Comment