Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Boots's Banana Pancakes!!


I never would have thought that my new favorite pancake recipe would come out of my four year old daughters cook book, but it has. I love pancakes, but always have guilt feeding them to my kids and they never seem to get full on them. I decided to try an oat pancake. I found a recipe in my Bobs Red Mill Baking Book, but it wasn't a huge hit with the kids(they did enjoy it). So upon their request I tried Boots's Banana Pancake. I was so surprised by the ingredients and my kids love them. The recipe I am sharing has been altered to how I really make them. One batch isn't enough to feed my crew!!
3 ripe bananas
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 cup quick cooking oats( i used old fashioned and ground them in the food processor first)
2 tablespoons brown sugar
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup flax seed meal(just through some in as I had it on hand)
1 1/2 cups milk
3 eggs lightly beaten
1 1/2 tablespoon canola oil( i used vegetable oil)
Smash banana and combine with all wet ingredients in medium bowl. In large bowl mix all dry ingredients. Combine wet ingredients with dry ingredients. I always start with their recommended amount of milk and then add more if my batter appears to thick. Once cooked my kids like peanut butter and syrup. Topped off with a little sliced banana. Or if you are like Samantha a tower of sliced banana


No comments:

Post a Comment