Thursday, July 19, 2012

Everson Days

A.K.A. our second festival.
Every year the little town of Everson holds a festival.  Well, that's what I am calling it.  It starts Friday with music and vendors.  It continues Saturday with a parade and more fun in the park.  And it all wraps up on Sunday with a 5k that I think I will need to do next year!  It is funny that to me that this is a major highlight in my year.  Everson is the town I grew up in and I remember well the thought of leaving it and never coming back.  Now it is a place I enjoy to visit!  Saturday morning we piled in the wagon and headed from my mom's house to the parade(she happens to live a block away from the parade).
We all waited for the fun to begin.
 Some waited better
than others.
But in the end we all found ways to have fun till the candy started flying.  Oh, did I not mention they are one of the only towns around that still throw candy.
The boys lit up when they saw these cars.
The yelled like mad men that Lightning McQueen was in the parade.
I fell for this little man and his horse!  Don't know what he was representing, but my heart melted.

When ended up with quite the haul of candy that I am still trying to get rid of,
but I managed to miss all the fun in the park.  My kids slept through it this year!
In the end it was an amazing time and a great second festival of the year!!

1 comment:

  1. Our small town festival starts tomorrow. Same exact events. Parade (with candy) vendors etc. I too wanted to leave my small town in the dust, and while I did leave....I settled in a place oh-so-similar :) FUnny what we don't appreciate when we are young. Miss you Ruth!

    ReplyDelete