Thursday, January 31, 2013

A day to ride!

Some days you look out your window and think, today is a day to ride.  Now, I have to admit I never think this way.  I loathe bike riding.  I was once in Alaska and everyone biked to go see some beautiful waterfall.  I got about 50 feet(if that) from camp and turned around.  I instead stayed at camp and learned how to make lures for fly fishing, but I digress.  There are days according to my kiddos that are meant for riding.  To feel the sun on your face and the wind in your hair.  And since we live where it rains more often then not, I try to get my kiddos out on those days.  I have some kids who feel like checking air pressure and pumping tires is plenty close to a bike.
I have others who are pros at riding and live to do it as much as possible.
I have one who just got a bike for Christmas and is taking to it quit well.
And of course I have the kiddo who won't be left out.
This ride ending up at the Nooksack river where we talked with the eagles.  Whom my mom has decided have very wimpy voices.  I can't wait for more days that are meant for riding.

No comments:

Post a Comment