Tuesday, February 5, 2013

The thrill

You know my kids enjoy a good ride. It turns out, I enjoy a good run.
This new love is one that somewhat baffles me. When I was in high school they use to torture us with fitness tests. Many wonderful ways to cause me to hate P.E. even more then I already did. One of the tests was running the mile. Four small loops around a track that seemed impossibly long to me. I didn't run a step of those laps. I would watch the other jockey kids and think you are NUTS! Not only did I not run, I strolled. You had twenty minutes to complete your mile, I never made it in time. Now people, twenty minutes is plenty of time to complete a mile.
 Well, I am happy to say I have changed. Yesterday was beautiful and I couldn't stand NOT running. Kellina hopped on her bike and off we went. How much I enjoyed the sun, the sights, encouraging my daughter to conquer the hills(yes I jogged while pushing her up a few), and the peace. I can't say how far I ran, but it was more then a mile. Yesterday has my whole self trembling with anticipation for more nice days, for more trail runs, for more fun with kiddos, for more living.....

No comments:

Post a Comment