Friday, February 15, 2013

Birdies!!

This has been the call heard throughout the Doyle house lately.  No, we aren't crazy.  We are studying birds.  How fun it has turned out to be!  The boys have turned into wonderful little bird spotters.  Even Isaiah has been enjoying himself and told his dad all about the peacocks we watched on the iPad.  Melia has decided that her and Kellina are going to make feathers and decorate themselves like a bird.  Then they will move around like that bird and we will have to guess which bird they are.  She was inspired by birds of paradise.  Google them if you haven't before.  They are truly amazing!!  I didn't realize how hard it is to identify a bird if you had no clue what it was.  Thank goodness for google.  We have been keeping a list.
Keeping track with photos.  When I can snap one quick enough.
And even enjoying the non flying visitors.
The two favorite local visitors to our feeders were the Varied Thrush and the male House Finch.  Sorry no pictures, but I highly recommend goggling them.  They are beautiful.
My personal favorite project so far was examining chicken bones and then trying to figure out which bones they were!

 One of the things I love most about home schooling is how much I learn right along with my kiddos.  Go out and learn!  It really is fun! 

No comments:

Post a Comment