Wednesday, August 21, 2013

The top of the mountain: take two!

I had so much fun on my last trip up the mountain I decided to do it again.  This time though I brought all the kids(minus Sam who doesn't like the drive), my camera, and good friends. 
When we first arrived the kids started scaling up the side of a small hill.  They were all excited and yelling they were mountain climbers.  They were sad to find signs that said stay on trails. 
After a quick lunch we headed to the trails.  I  had the kids do a buddy system so I wouldn't be so nervous about a boy with poor self control tumbling off the edge. 
It was our first try at it and it worked pretty well.  We again hit up the snow.  This time though, it was all about snow balls, sliding down, and eating.  Oh, and freezing mom with your very cold hands!
When I went up last time the trail was crazy full of bees!  All to busy to bug us, but enough that this time I was worried about panic breaking out in the crowd.  You know what?  There were like no bees!  There were however butterflies!
The trail we took went on for a very long time, but we decided to settle down next to the lake and enjoy some quiet.  And yes most the kids kicked off their shoes
and waded in the snow fed lake!
I tried hard for a pretty picture of the kids.
But going goofy worked much better!
Nature was amazing and I think I held us up trying to get the perfect picture.

After rest time we headed back up to the van.  Yep, you head down the mountain to start and up to end.
There were some tired moments up.
  Nothing like a brother to encourage you to keep going!
And in the end everyone made it to the top!
Tomorrow we are planning a beach outing, so stay tuned of the next Doyle adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment