Wednesday, August 14, 2013

The top of the mountain!

So, I feel kinda funny admitting this, but I have lived here my entire life and only traveled to Mt. Baker once!!  Well, I did drive up once in the winter to drop someone off for work, but I did it with my eyes covered and never left my car.  You see, when I was in my teens I tried a visit to the mountain.  I ended up in the passenger seat crying like a crazy lady until we hit the top.  I had a little height issue and the no guard rail, drop off to the side got to me.  Turns out though, I have out grown the fear.  And now at 32 decided to tackle the mountain.  Okay, really Sam had a dance retreat she had to go to at the top of the mountain and I was the ride.  I not only brought Sam, but several other dancers and the two little girls.  The ride up was fine.  No crying like a crazy lady and really it was way faster then I thought it would be.  After we dropped off Sam the little girls and I headed up a little farther.  Not all the way to the top, but close.  Then we got out and hiked about for a bit.  My girls were troopers!  We weren't prepared for getting out and hiking.  We had no water, it was already normal dinner time, and it was HOT!  Here are some photos that capture a little of what we enjoyed.
 
 All these photos were taken using my iPod.  Yep, I was at the top of the mountain with out my camera!!  No worries though, I am planning an all day outing with all the kiddos.  The boys keep asking when they get to go hiking.
Stayed tuned for what we did on the way down the mountain!

No comments:

Post a Comment