Friday, January 31, 2014

Food Blogging

I usually don't blog about my food, but I have recently been changing how I eat.  With the change I have been going nuts posting food photos on Instagram and Facebook.  Finally on Facebook someone asked if I blog my recipes.  So here I am, blogging the first of what will be many I hope.  Any recipe I use that is straight from someone else I will just blog some photos of how mine turned out with a little review and link.  For today's recipe I give you Protein Bites(Protein Balls as my kids called them).  There are tons of these online and this is my take on one. 
Ingredients
1 cup oatmeal(I used old fashioned because that's what I have)
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/3 cup honey(Sam thought they tasted to much like honey, but I am a honey lover)
1/2 cup ground flaxseed
1 Tbs chia seed
1/2 cup chocolate chips(I only had big ones so I chopped them up some)
1 tsp vanilla 

Instructions
Mix everything together until thoroughly incorporated.  Let chill in the fridge for 1/2 hour.  Roll into walnut size balls and enjoy!  You may want your balls smaller so you can easily pop one at a time into your mouth.  Mine turned out to be a couple bites.  They are super yummy and filling.  They were a great snack to have in my fridge for hungry kiddos and moms alike.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment