Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Advent day two!

This year(as with most years) my advent goal is to get the kids excited for Christmas.  This year however I thought I would add in some giving.  You know, so not every activity was I get a hot chocolate with whip cream, I get to eat fudge, I get to go to the spa and have a massage while the kids stay home.....wait, what?  Anyways, today was a day of giving.  Today we made ornaments for Auntie's tree.  I would like to say that when I announced what we were doing every cheered and felt the joy of giving.  Instead I had a pouter(who did enjoy it), which caused a not gonna do it child(who never did do it).  Sigh.  I guess it will be a work in progress this year.  So, on to the project.  It was suppose to be an easy one with yarn and cardboard.  Of course when mom is grumpy nothing is easy.  Yep, sometimes I am that grumpy mom. Now you know.  One of my kids might have told me I was being kinda harsh.... I digress.
Josh decided the yarn thing wasn't his thing.  Instead he brought a bag of pine cones that his big sister nicely braved the cold to help him collect and decided he would create something from them. 
Who could resist this cuteness?!
So we decided to have two projects.  One simple yarn one(that is complete).
And one that will take a couple days.

No comments:

Post a Comment