Monday, March 2, 2015

Exploring the Pacific Norhwest one trail at a time

Yep, I have decided that this year when I hike I will be taking you all with me.  Well not with me at the time, but with me through photos.  I love hiking and wanted to get more in last year.  That never really happened, but I have already gotten two in this year!!  Thank you mild winter! And both trails were new to me. Bonus!  Today my hike found me at rock trail.  I was inspired by a friend and  photos of his family hiking it on Facebook.  After doing it myself his daughters have become my heroes.  However I loved the hike and will do it again.  I mean when this is the view from the parking lot....
 Then you hit the trail.  It is one that starts out going down.
 Down hills.  And down stairs that are the switch backs.
 Then you find the rocks.  My lens wasn't wide enough to capture them.
  So instead I captured some other things on the trail.
 And of course a couple of my cute hiking buddy.
 One other beautiful thing I couldn't capture was the view of the mountains you get.  I just didn't have the right lens.  Then we turned around and headed back UP to the car.  Yep, all those stairs that were switch backs,  all the down hill....all up hill!  I was super surprised though with how quick we got back to the car.  And tomorrow we will see how sore I am.  That cute hiking buddy rides on this mama's back, so....
 Stay tuned for more hikes from me and my hiking buddy! 


No comments:

Post a Comment