Monday, December 27, 2010

Home made hollidays!

This year I don't know what took over in my mind, but I decided while pregnant with number six, chasing two toddler boys, and juggling life I would become crafty. Okay, I didn't do it all alone. Samantha did ALL the baking, and visits with good friends yielded the soap. This year the boys got blankets made by mom. Yes, I sewed!! Thank you Samantha for all the help! It was really a very easy pattern(thanks Ruth E.). Samantha is finishing hers for the girls. It was hard to find enough time to do theirs in secret, so now they know they are getting them and they will be finished soon. For the girls, I knit them each a scarf. Turns out I should have started them long ago because they also didn't get complete. When they are done I will share photos. Oh well, the girls like what they have seen so far. Soap was made a while ago and got passed out to adults. The home made gift I received was a wonderful birthday tracker that Jeff's sister made. Each person's name is on a tiny clothes pin with the day of their birth. Then it is put on the correct month. Each family got one in different colors. Samantha this year was in charge of the kitchen. She made a fudge wreath,
pumpkin whoopie pies, and homemade marshmallows dipped in chocolate. I don't pictures of the mellows because they didn't last long. Oh, yummy!!! She even had the help of two cute little elves. Well, they helped lick things clean. Joshua learned he can push our flour tub around and stand on it to get what ever he thinks would be good to eat. Silly fellow. I guess a bowl full of powdered sugar is tempting. Expect another post about our Christmas with family.

No comments:

Post a Comment