Friday, April 8, 2011

The best dinner ever and the forgotten flowers.







What a mouth full that title is. Oh, well. As far as the best dinner ever that was what Melia told me after eating this yummy food. What is it that the pickiest Doyle deemed the best. It is chicken curry over rice, green beans(nothing fancy yet), homemade hummus(fancier), and homemade naan bread(fanciest). A friend made the homemade naan for me when I was down resting and still pregnant with Isaiah. Not only did she make the bread she brought the recipe. Thank you Crystal!! Of course since then I lost her recipe, but found what I thought was very close on allrecipes.com. The naan bread was easy and fun to make. Who doesn't love a bread that you fry in butter on the griddle. The kids love it. And since I had the bread I thought it needed something to be dipped into. I love hummus and recently decided I was spending way to much on smashed beans and garlic. So I rounded up the ingredients, looked over a couple recipes and winged it. It turned out very yummy. As for the forgotten flowers? Well, I as I blogged yesterday I felt like I was forgetting something. It hit me last night I forgot to show off her gum paste flowers. So now you can enjoy them today.

2 comments:

  1. Cool flowers! Way to go on the hummus - I tried making it once, and it was OK, but I think I need a better recipe...care to share yours?

    The Naan bread looks like fun (never heard of it) - please share recipe, or better yet - get Crystal to share hers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My recipe is from Allrecipes.com, ;-D

    ReplyDelete