Tuesday, November 1, 2011

8 months

8 months have flown by. Isaiah is growing up so fast I feel like I blink and he learns something new! He now has four teeth, which he has been using to bite. He had a day recently that every time he had to nurse I would pray that I wouldn't get bit. That seems to have passed, thank goodness! His constant pulling up has progressed into walking around things. He was going around and around grandma's table just yesterday. He has even stood all by himself for several seconds. Isaiah's weight is leveling off and he is much more average, weighing in at a mere 21 pounds 10 ounces. He is still a very happy boy. So when he recently became fussy I knew something was wrong. I watched him go from a boy with a bit of a cold to a very sick guy. When he started really struggling to breath into the doctor we went. I have never had a baby sound or act like Isaiah did while breathing. This is Isaiah's first ever sickness!! We got looked over and told it was croup. Then the doctor asked if we have had all our vaccinations. When I said no she decided that we might be dealing with whooping cough. In came a nurse with full precautions. Gown, gloves, mask and test tube in hand. He was tested, but we won't have the results till Friday. We treated him for both croup and whooping cough. I was told if it was croup he would be better by evening. He was. I am continuing the whooping cough treatment just to be safe(it just a z-pack). So our first sickness was a biggy!! I love you Isaiah and can't wait to see how God uses your sweet, laid back attitude to glorify him!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my, I hope that darling bugger is ok soon!! Keep us posted! :) And...8 months huh, shouldn't that mean it is time to start thinking about the next one :):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor little guy. I'm going to pray that it isn't whooping cough and that your little one feels better soon.

    I don't have a blog, but send me an e-mail at tsmith0014@gmail.com sometime. I'd love to chat with you!

    Terry

    ReplyDelete