Monday, April 16, 2012

My sin nature

We all have it. We were all born with it. Our sin nature. My sin nature I had been ignoring for a life time. It isn't one that people may think of as "one of the bad ones", but in God's eyes it is. It is gluttony. I have been able to lie to myself for a long time about the fact that I have a problem with food. It had become my god. I had given it Christ's throne!! Truly people I am not exaggerating. If I was happy I would eat, sad, mad, content, or stressed. They all were reasons to run to my cupboards. At a meal I wouldn't stop when I was full, especially if it tasted good. I would put away as much as if not more than Jeff. Jeff's sister put a challenge out there in March to all try to lose weight. We all weighed in and then started to get fit. On the first day of spring everyone weighed in again and all pounds lost went in the form of money to the local food bank. I amazed myself and lost 13 pounds. Not only that, but God had shown me my sinful relationship with food. He also opened my eyes in new ways to scripture. Every morning I do my treadmill and listen to a sermon. It is a great time. Because of all of this I have kept going with my new health goals. I have also put God back on the throne he deserves. I did a 15 day detox from Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead(watch it people!). It was great! I now juice every day. My taste buds have changed and I no longer crave sugar. I am working on redoing some of the treats around the house to be healthy. We just did cookies yesterday with whole wheat flour, flax, and about half the sugar(only brown). Guess what they were great and the kids loved them. So now I will let you know my weight loss. I want to boast about how great I did, but really I couldn't have done any of it with out my Savoir holding my hand and still showing me my sin. The grand total so far is 24 pounds! I started out at 5ft 2, 168 pounds. I now am 5 ft 2 and 144 pounds. I have no goal in mind. I am happy to stay here, but I won't go back!

3 comments:

  1. Yay Ruth! You are doing great! I'll make sure I make healthy snacks when you all come over. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. RUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am SOOOO proud of you!! We just had a great sermon the other day about how we all have "idols" other than God. Really eye opening. And we too watched that movie and bought a juicer. I will say....I still love sweets but I also loved running my first half marathon 2.5 weeks ago and I am running another this weekend. For me...it is all about balance. I have to say you look incredible. I know it isn't about the vanity side of things, but wow..you are just glowing. And, to be fair I think NOTHING wrong with treating our bodies well and taking pride in this amazing gift God has given us. Plus....it is important to model healthy habits for our little ones! I am sure the kids will enjoy MORE time with you as you take care of yourself! :) Congratulations!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ruth, God is good to us and shows us the things we need to change when we are patient and listen. You were able to do this and because you listened and obeyed He has rewarded you with His strength and will to change, and now you look fabulous and are eating healthier. I am so proud of you and just know you are just as beautiful inside and you are on the outside. Challenges are...well, challenging...and boy, don't t you feel great conquering them!!! Way to go babe!

    ReplyDelete