Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Self Feeding

All babies come to an age where they are no longer satisfied with mom's hand guiding food into their mouth. They want to grab, hold and touch. They just know that they can do it just like mama. I will admit that this stage has always seemed to come much to soon for me. Not because it is one more step out of baby hood, but because it is so darn messy!! Yep, now you know I don't like the stains or wiping down of a little one. Recently though this thought has changed. I have a friend who's son has major problems with eating. Not that he is stubborn or bad. He was born with a double aortic arch. He physically has pain when he eats, he chokes on food, he can't breathe while he eats food, food and him just don't mix. How silly I feel to be complaining that my perfectly healthy, hearty boy is messy after a meal. The Lord sure uses a lot of things to open our eyes to ourselves. I now enjoy watching my boy eat his food with such enthusiasm he usually looks like this. To read more about my friends son and what he has check out her blog(where she just happened to be blogging about Apollo's eating) here.

1 comment:

  1. I agree!
    Sometimes I get so frustrated with myself when it takes someone else's struggles to make me TRULY appreciate my own joy.

    ReplyDelete