Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Which came first the chicken or the egg?

I may not have the answer to that one, but I can show you all the eggs laid at the Lynden Fair in just two days. Yesterday was fair day for the Doyles! What a blast! I made a deal with Samantha no rides this year, but for sure a funnel cake. Can you believe neither Jeff or I have had one before.
We made it a day to see the animals. We saw exotic animals.
Yes the girls did pet a giant albino snake. All except Sam who had no desire to touch a snake of that size. She enjoyed petting the turtles instead. That's a girl after my own heart. We enjoyed pretending to be farmers and milk a cow, drive a tractor, and pose as a famous pair of farmers.
Melia started asking me as soon as we entered the fair. Can we milk the cow? The determined look on her faced killed me. We also enjoyed the barns filled with all sorts of livestock.
Petting the sheep and pigs was fun, but Melia watched a pig take a bath for nearly 10 minutes. Go figure!
I wanted to show the girls a llama, but as soon as they spotted the donkey it was all over. All I heard was donkey, donkey, donkey as they swept past me.
There was also the cutest area of all baby animals. It was my favorite and Kellina liked it so much she tried to climb in.
What did Jeff enjoy most. The giant propane tank.
Yep he loved it so much he made me take a picture. I also really enjoyed the 4-H horse area. When I was younger I showed horses, so it was fun sharing my knowledge with the girls. They loved to be able to pet one horse.
The boys did great and were bushed by the end.

1 comment:

  1. HOW FUN!! I love all the pictures!! I didn't know you showed horses. I was a 4-H'er too!! I showed western on my pony, then hunt seat when I got a horse! I loved it. The kids are all so darn cute! I love the shot of the boys on the way home. They look so chubby and delicious. They sure grew up fast.

    ReplyDelete