Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Mornings with the Doyles!




This isn't about this morning it is a look back at Sept. 8th. Samantha's first day of school. I am a homeschooling mom at heart, but this year Samantha is going to Bellingham Christian. I am so torn about it. I want her to go and love it, but at the same time I wish she were still at home with me. Last year I felt guilt about her homeschooling experience because of bed rest and babies. The christian school had a scholarship program, so Jeff and I prayed about it and decided if we got the scholarship Sam would go. We got it and now she is going. So I guess I should trust in the answered prayer and not be torn. Anyways, back to the morning. I got up at 6:00am to make her lunch and get myself ready. I then realized I would have to go to the grocery store for supplies. We had enough for the day phew! Getting up early meant I got to have some Bible reading time and I am LOVING that! I just got done with Ecclesiastes. Great book about how meaningless our lives here on earth really are. It was powerful reading and I think gave me stregnth to keep going. Then breakfast for the girls and getting dressed. It really helps that Melia now comes down stairs totally ready for the day! Then babies need to be fed. Oh yeah mom needs to eat too! And don't forget my coffee! On the first morning I was even organized enough to put on a crock pot meal so dinner was good to go. Samantha was beautiful, but her first day was rough. Anxiety and nerves got the best of her, but it seems to be smoothing out. She is excited to possibly start learning violin. I will keep every one updated on how it goes and if she comes back home. Melia by the way has now started demanding home school work, so after we get home she starts her school work. She loves to practice writing and doing workbooks. Kellina will not be left behind so she does her work too. Lots of scribbles and colors.

1 comment:

  1. Aww..Samantha looks beautiful!! I agree though--clearly she is where she is supposed to be, for now. You'll know if it isn't right for her. I can't believe all you can manage in a morning with 5 kids. Seriously making me feel bad here. Liv has "school" now too. We keep her workbooks in a backpack and she loves it. We usually do it when Clint takes his first nap, but if he is up--it's same as Kellina, they must be involved. Your doing awesome, Ruth. take a minute to pat yourself on the back:)

    ReplyDelete