Saturday, November 7, 2009

Mushroom Tour II

After my first mushroom post I got a good tip about a park in Lynden with some very nice mushrooms. My obsession with mushrooms is purely to take their picture. My mother likes to eat them and was correct about the last ones being edible. I did however have Samantha look up all the info she could about mushrooms the night before we went hunting. The adventure for Samantha became a field trip with her friend and I couldn't believe how excited to girls were to find mushrooms. Samantha got to share all she learned. I let Samantha bring our old camera and take all the pictures she wanted! For Melia it was another chance to explore.
This mushroom is one that Melia the explorer found all on her own.What did Kellina enjoy about the trip you may wonder. Well, I'll show you.
Yep, horse poop! She demanded to see this! The mushrooms came in all shapes and sizes. Some were huge!
I don't know for sure that this is a mushroom, but it had a lot of mushroom qualities. Some mushrooms were tiny. See if you can spot them in this photo.
If you can't see it, it is in the bottom left corner. Here are the rest of my photos that I liked the best!

2 comments:

  1. National Geographic called, they'd like to hire you for their next mushroom article.

    Awesome work and a really cool day!! Props to you super mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. I left a comment on Sam's blog with a cool tutorial for making cute flower headbands. Did she see it? If so, let me know what you thing !

    ReplyDelete