Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Benches and Braces

So what do these two things have in common besides starting with the same letter. Well they are two of the newest things in this house. First for the cute new thing. Samantha in braces!! She was such a trooper getting these bad boys put on. She picked Seahawk colors for the braces this time around. She can change them at every visit. I will let her give more details in her blog. Now on to the benches. They aren't as cute, but it was very cute watching Jeff and my step dad putting them in.I mean really who wouldn't enjoy install with a goof like this. Once he got serious we got these benches. We decided to do built in benches in our dining room to create more seating and more space. I love them!!! Jeff is currently working on building me a table top to make our current table much larger. It matches the benches so wonderfully! Extra bonus to the benches is I have a new spot to force my children to sit while I take their picture.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVED having braces. I was always so excited to go get them tightened. Weird, but true.

    The benches look amazing! I can't wait to see the finished product!!

    And the bottom picture is priceless. Number 6 is coming into some great company!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello -

    I found your post via Pinterest.

    I've been looking for built-in bench seating that is done with braces (vs. a bench box that goes to the floor) and I am curious to know how well your benches have held up. Your braces don't seem very close together - did you put the braces into the studs?

    Also, I noticed you mentioned a table-top to make your current table bigger - do you have a post about that? I am curious how that went as we are thinking of doing that, too.

    Thanks for any information you can give me!

    - Tifany
    http://inkblotsbytrd.blogspot.com/
    {You can find my e-mail address in my blog header.}

    ReplyDelete