Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Working out at the zoo

What?  You don't think you can work out at the zoo?  Then you have never gone with me and my five kiddos.  It all starts with the walk to the zoo.  You see, I don't pay to park.  I park in the free parking area which is at the bottom of the hill and requires a walk.  The upside is the bridge we cross has a great view of the space needle!  My kids love stopping and on this day were getting people in cars to wave and honk.
Then there is the pulling of the wagon once you're in the zoo.  Some days it's just stuff that I pull around.  On this visit though I pulled my 8 year old and 6 year old twins all over!  By the end of the day I was so sore and tired I felt like I had put in the work out of a life time!!  The upside?  I got to enjoy some super cool animals.
 I also really enjoyed seeing the different kids enjoying the zoo in their different ways.  Melia was the ever persistent map lady who wanted a very specific plan.  Yeah, she learned quick that plans change often with so many people wanting to do so much.
 Caleb was in heaven in this one area!  He was telling strangers all about the animals.  He was asking them questions.  He was taking in all that he could.
  Kellina brought a journal that she used to sketch all the animals that we saw!
 Joshua was thrilled when he got a bird on his hand.  I've never seen him so happy.
 And I enjoyed capturing all we did with photos!  Probably too many. And yes, I enjoyed the burn in all my muscles at the end of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment