Friday, December 18, 2009

Conver sations with kids.


Driving to strings today this was the conversation in my car.

Me: Samantha I saw that truck and thought his canopy was a big pile of snow on the top of his truck.

Samantha: That's funny mom.

Melia: Why is it called a canopy and what is a canopy.

Me: It's something that goes over the bed of a truck. I'll show you one.

Melia: P P P. Mom it has a P in it.

Kellina: Pee in it? Pee Pee?

Melia: No! Like the letter P. Mom is it full of peas? Is that why they call it a can of pea.(Now a common thing for her to figure out why something is called what it is)

Me: No Melia. It's a canopy and I don't know why it's called that.

Kellina: Can a Pee! Can a Pee!(With much question and excitement in her voice)

I then showed the girls what I meant and they spent the rest of the drive counting as many as they could.

1 comment:

  1. Love it, love it, love it.

    Can of pea. I will never look at a canopy the same :) Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete