Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Lights of Christmas

Every year for the past three years we have gone to The Lights of Christmas. They boast about having over one million lights! I didn't get to go last year because of bed rest with the twins, but this year made up for it. It was sooooo cold, but they have fire pits all over to warm up by. The kids also had on several layers. Poor Joshua was using a hat that was just a little to big and spent most of the night fighting to keep it off his eyes. Melia has been planning going back since last year. She wanted to go to the petting zoo, ride the horses, see Bruce the talking Spruce, and get a candy cane from Santa. They also got to meet a snowman! Kellina enjoyed doing every thing her big sister did. Samantha really wanted to ride on the train that takes you around to see the lights. We got every thing done, but did have to stop to warm up and drink hot chocolate. I enjoyed all the lights and chance to try out my camera out doors at night. It was the first time I have had some one tell me how sorry they felt for me for having twins. It was a dad who told me their family had three under four and he wouldn't wish it on any one. I blew his mind when I said we had four who are four and under. Just an example of kids not being thought of as what they are, blessings! The thing Samantha really liked was that they included the true Christmas story. We don't make a big deal about Santa in this house. We make a big deal about the birth of Christ.

It was such a good night!

2 comments:

  1. We have never gone to that. Looks like lots of fun! I have two little boy hats I'm going to put in your box at church, they should work great for your little guys! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ian and I went our first year in Bellingham and it was magical :)

    What a great family tradition!

    ReplyDelete