Thursday, December 10, 2009

More firsts!

This time though it's not the boys. It's me! I had decided a while ago that I wanted to be a mom with some sort of crafty skill. I really have none. One thing I always wanted to do was crochet. I hadn't found the time or teacher until now. My friend Ruth was sharing some photos of her kids with me and I noticed the beautiful crocheted(spelling?) out fit. Well it turns out she is a crafty mom. She does have her own cloth diaper company so this should have been a no brainer for me. I have had two lessons now and am hooked. The first thing I made was a hot pad. It was not beautiful, but my mom loved it enough to give it a good home. The second thing was called a ......... I forget:) Anyone else who knows please remind me. My other first was when I was making hot apple cider with Samantha. She told me that at Woods she had almost gotten a hot caramel apple cider. Oh that sounded so good, but no Woods coffee stand in my kitchen. Then I realized I had caramel topping. That was a good hot caramel apple cider! The best part was I didn't have to pay 4 dollars for it and now I get to blog about the first one I made.

No comments:

Post a Comment