Wednesday, January 6, 2010

A new beginning...

or a fresh start. Which ever way you look at it I have a new goal. To read 10 chapters out of my Bible every day. This sounds like a lot and you are to allow one hour to get it done, but it is the best book out there. A novel, if I like it, I can sit and finish it in one day. So then an hour spent with God isn't really a problem. It is a program my friends gave to me. You read one chapter out of ten books at a time. I started last night and loved it. Today I have read 5 chapters this morning and tonight I will read the other 5. Yesterday while doing a Bible study with Samantha I asked her how we are to know Christ. Her response is now what I am putting into practice.

"Well mom, I think we should read the Bible. In the New Testament we can read Jesus talking and in the Old Testament we can read what the prophets said about him."
Such a simple and true answer. I hope to keep up on the reading and expect people to check in with me and help keep me on track. The main question... Isn't God worth an hour of my day?

2 comments:

  1. Good point.

    Love the idea.

    You'll have to share the program.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you started it too! Greg and I are really enjoying it. But, where did you get the fancy bookmarks. My bookmarks don't have personality :)

    ReplyDelete