Sunday, January 10, 2010

ONE!

Well it is here. The boys are one!! I can't even believe it. Every thing from conception till now have been amazing. I know that a lot of you have heard the story about my boys , but I have to share it again. I found out I was having twins at my 9 week appointment. The doctor was doing the first ultrasound. He was going to measure the baby and figure out the due date. I had told Jeff to not worry about coming to the appointment. It was suppose to be routine and really the baby doesn't look like much at that point. Boy was he surprised when I called after the appointment and asked if he was sitting. After that I had to wait for a different ultrasound to make sure the boys were not sharing a home. If they were I was told there was a 50% chance one or both babies would die. It was a great day to learn they each had their own home to live in. After we got the results the doctor told me how happy he was because he had been almost convinced it would be bad news. That was our first obstacle over come. Next was constant monitoring. Identical twins can still food from each other. It can result in one or both babies dying. We had good results at every turn. Then it happened Caleb wasn't growing as much as Joshua. It meant twice a week I had to go to the hospital for closer monitoring. Then week 37 hit. The boys were still doing great, but my grandma was not. She was barely hanging on to life. My doctor and I decided the boys should be born so if my grandma was hanging on to know they were okay we could give her that peace of mind. We decided that the boys would be born c-section because of Joshua being breech. I am not some one who cares about how I give birth I just want healthy babies. I went in Saturday morning. The staff was prepped for a twin c-section. My doctor did an ultrasound to double check position and Joshua had flipped. No c-section needed the boys were born naturally about 15 minutes apart. The staff was also expecting up to a two pound weight difference in the boys. They were only apart by ounces! In case were wondering my grandma passed away the day we got home from the hospital. So what is life like now.
Caleb you are so out going. You walk and are starting to talk. You will drop your toys on purpose so you can say uh-oh and giggle. You love to get into things. At grandmas you take all her CDs out and then remove the shelves they sit on. You are pickier about what you eat. You hate taking a bath. You scream the entire time. You don't want to be held. You would rather be moving around. You have three teeth, but are working on more. Joshua you are shy. You will pick a person and like only them. You tend to not like women you don't know. You are starting to walk and talk. You like to say num-num. you eat almost any thing. You love bath time. You play, splash, and giggle. You love to cuddle. You have three teeth, but have a forth poking out.
You may have started out as one, but you are definitely two unique people. I LOVE YOU BOYS!! To end this blog here are some random shots. The belly shot was taken the day the boys were born.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday boys! OK, when I saw the ultrasound picture I thought you were expecting again! And the title "one" was because there was only one baby this time! hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have looked at this post so many times, but haven't commented. WOW Ruth. To all of it. What a sweet miracle the boys are. Your belly makes my back hurt ;) It really is amazing--the whole story of them. I can't really fathom that they are already a year old. You made it through the first year with twins, and you made it look easy (at least from my perspective). Congratulations on your beautiful family, your lovely blog, and may there be many more years...and many more babies to celebrate!!!

    ReplyDelete