Friday, March 22, 2013

Cars, jets, robots and all things boys

I often get asked if boys and girls are different.  Usually from people who wouldn't know because they lack the experience.  If you have read my blog long you know how I feel about boys.  They are YUCKY!!  I love my boys, but I am sticking to my guns on this one.  Even my boy who doesn't like to be dirty is yucky compared to my girls.  But I thought today I would focus on how they play different.  I think my boys came into the world knowing what a car is and what it does.  Isaiah can almost always be found with one in his hand and car noises coming out of his mouth.
They also really love to build.  Lego's didn't really hold much meaning in this house til the boys were old enough to like them.  The girls play with them now, but never did til they saw the boys loving it.  This day the boys built robots.
I didn't realize it until just the other day, but my boys LOVE jets.  I should have guessed it though since they have been spotting them in the sky since forever.  Now goggle image jets and they are enthralled!
Army men and action figures have also made their grand entrance into our house.  My boys are completely happy when these toys are around.
 And if army men aren't around, knights will do just fine.

Destruction is also high up there in play time.  See this jet had to take out the robot. 
They also hold a bigger interest in figuring out how things work.  Joshua was in heaven when grandma took out her old radio.  He sat there messing with it for a LONG time.
While I may think my boys are yucky.  I also think they are amazing when I really sit and watch them play.  Oh, boys also(at least in my family) have an athletic edge.  Throwing a ball is natural.  Hitting it with a bat, no problem.  The other day Isaiah pitch whiled Joshua hit.  My girls all had to work and learn these skills, even miss athletic.   

No comments:

Post a Comment