Monday, March 25, 2013

My little mountain goat

Caleb has always been my most independent child.  He has also always been the climber.  I now think he might be part mountain goat!!  Saturday we had the joy of joining friends on a last minute trip to Larrabee.  While we were there Caleb showed off his skill.  See this group, Caleb is the one already on the rocks. 
My other kiddos went just far enough for mom to snap a picture.
Then they all went back to the beach to play.
Who can blame them, it was beautiful!!
Not Caleb. 
He continued on and when I asked him to come back he said, "No mom.  I want to get a closer look at..... that woman."  Four years old and already wanting a closer look!  Once he got over the big rocks and this lay ahead I thought for sure he would turn back.
But no, off he went.
 He was so quick and fearless.  I was very impressed and also a little nervous about what our future holds.  Oh, and big thanks to the Thames for keeping an eye on my other kids while I chased Caleb down.

No comments:

Post a Comment