Sunday, June 2, 2013

A Break


I am taking a break from Mt St Helens to share with you about our adventure to Great Wolf  Lodge.  Friday the girls and I got the chance to head down for a Girl Scout outing at Great Wolf.  It was so stinking incredible!!
We arrived Friday at about 1:30 and after the staff figured out that we were suppose to be there they gave us our water passes and off we went.
The girls were in the water in seconds
and didn't come out unless I pulled them out.
This is Kellina entering the wave pool.  She spent a lot of time in this pool.  It was her favorite!
Pictures were far and few because I also hit the water in seconds and was rarely dry enough to hold a camera!  I really love to swim!  The first day there Samantha teamed up with her friend Shylee.  Melia teamed up with Shylee's mom Autumn to take on all the water-slides.  And Kellina was my buddy.  Kellina and I did take a break from water to do some miniature golf.  It was well worth it.
There was never a moment of boredom, even well into the night.  There was a dance party!!  The second day Samantha's friend had to leave early to head east of the mountains.  That meant she hung with Kellina while Melia hung with her friend Abbie.  And you know what?  I sat in a chair and relaxed a bit.  Soon Melia lost her partner and then the Doyle girls hung together and took turns doing different rides, pools, and hot tubing.  The one thing I wished I got a picture of was Melia crossing floating lily pads using a rope ladder above her to balance.  We had watched many a kid fall off.  When it was her turn she nailed it!!  It was hard, but she never gave up!  I never know a bucket of falling water could be so fun!!
I can't wait to make another trip back.

No comments:

Post a Comment