Tuesday, June 25, 2013

My beautiful ballerina, dances 1 and 2

This weekend was what Samantha looks forward to every year.  It was her year end recital with Dancing For Joy.  This year I was stunned to realize my tiny twirler had turned into a beautiful ballerina.
She is no longer the little girl that makes the crowd giggle.  She is now a graceful young women who dances on tippy toes(better known as pointe).
Being on pointe is a big deal and has taken many years to get there. But she is there and she is amazing.
This was her first dance of the night.  She was in a death scene.  Did I mention it was beautiful!
And really ballet feet a pretty amazing.
Her second dance she was a knight.  She was part of the white queens court from Alice in Wonderland.  She hated what she called her ugly costume, but she still danced wonderfully.  The one thing from this dance she enjoyed was having a small part by moving a chess table from the back of the stage to the front.
My best photos of Sam dancing came from her third dance.  I have so many I like I am going to save them until another day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment