Friday, June 21, 2013

Summer celebration

The other day I was thinking how I really wanted to have a summer party.  I got a hold of my friend and we decided since the official start of summer was almost here, we should have a party to celebrate.  So three days later, inspired by Pintrest, we had a watermelon party!!  All of our treats we watermelon inspired.  We had watermelon cake pops, watermelon cup cakes, and watermelon rice krispy treats.
We did eat a normal summer BBQ lunch which included real watermelon.
And had some very yummy watermelon lemonade.  It actually had real blended watermelon in it!  YUMMY!!
I was super excited for the decorating portion of this party.  The watermelon fabric was the find that made me super happy.  I had seen it on Pintrest and didn't think I would be able to find it.  Thank you Walmart for rocking the watermelon.
After lunch, and before diving into sugar, we played some summer time games.  We had a watermelon seed spitting contest.  About the hardest thing to find was a watermelon with seeds!!
Even I tried my hand at spitting seeds.  After I pulled myself together.  Thanks for capturing the moment Merriann.
An egg race for the littles.
Isaiah tried eating his egg before the race started.
They were so proud of completing with no broken egg(hard boiled)!
Then the big kids raced. 
Their eggs were not hard boiled like the littles!
And we also did a three legged race.  Which went well until there were injuries due to rope burn.  Thanks again for these Merriann.
After all that fun we dived into sweets.  And these two are about as sweet as they come!!
In case you are wondering, when everything is dyed green, kids faces change colors!
I hope you enjoyed the start of summer as much as we did!  This weekend we will be enjoying Samantha's year end dance recital.  Don't worry there will be pictures for those of who can't attend.

No comments:

Post a Comment