Monday, July 15, 2013

Not my arm again!

Those were the words that first came out of Caleb's mouth as he lay on my friends deck Friday evening.  Again, you ask.  Yes, again.  Monday night he had fallen off a jungle gym and needed an x-ray.  His arm was fine from that fall.  Not this fall my friends.  His arm was anything, but fine.  When I picked him up I knew right away something was not right.  We called the doctor and got in right away for an x-ray.  The doctor was simply great.  Once he saw the x-rays he sent us to the ER to see an ortho.  He knew Caleb's bones would need to be reset.  He knew he would need to be sedated and he told me that I had a long night ahead.  He was right about all of it!!  Caleb broke his arm at about 5pm.  We got home at 130am.  Caleb was quite the trooper and didn't shed a tear after we left the lake and got to the doctor.  His only tears came when they put the IV in and when he was suppose to be sedated.  When the doc reset his bones he woke and cried.  Luckily he drifted right back off.  I need to say that we had the best staff ever at the hospital.  The first doctor we had seen had called ahead to the ER and reserved us a room, very nice!  All three docs we saw at the hospital were just great and Caleb won the heart of our nurse.  He was very impressed with Caleb's calm, easy going manner.
Caleb may have a long arm cast and two broken bones, but in no way is it holding him back!  The one thing he couldn't do was ride his bike, but he is wrestling, climbing, jumping as if nothing is wrong!!  Which all the doc's assured me would be the case.  As far as a first major broken bone in the family, this has been pretty darn easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment