Thursday, July 2, 2009

HOT HOT HOT!!

When summer has finally arrived and its nice and hot out what do you do? Well make jam of course. At least that's what my mom and I thought would be fun. So far we have made strawberry jam and raspberry jam. I can't wait to do more. Samantha loves helping for part of the time. I can't blame her for losing interest it does take all day when you make as much as we made. The first time around we smashed all the berries by hand. Samantha and her friend Christina pretended to be Cinderella. This last time around we got smart and got the food processor out. Much simpler. I did give the girls a break to go out side and jump on the trampoline. They love to put the sprinkler under it and jump. Melia even pretended to be a super hero with her towel. We also got to enjoy snow peas from my moms garden. Its shaping up to be a very fun summer.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my your little girls are sweet!! They look like twins.

    Sam--at this house we are LOVING your apron!! I am a huge fan of them and have decided we are totally bringing them back!

    We intended to make Strawberry jam with last weeks pickings, but they were just too good fresh and got eaten up!! :)

    ReplyDelete