Thursday, March 25, 2010

Conversations in the van

Wednesday I spend a good amount of time in the van driving. This means I get to be in on some interesting conversations with the little girls. Here is what was said yesterday.
Me: Well Melia birds don't have good manners like people. They just poop anywhere they want.

Melia(4): Yeah mom like Zoe. (this caused a what is does she mean moment for me as Zoe is 5)
Melia: You know cause last time we were there she was holding a baby chick and it pooped in her hand.(Zoe doesn't have bad manners a bird had bad manner on her)

Me: Yeah, chicks poop where ever they want.

Kellina(3): Is that why Zoe is black.

Melia: No Zoe has been that way for a long time.

Me: Zoe has been that way since she was born. God made her that color.

Melia: Hey! Everybody is that way in Zoe's family except her mom.(a big a ha moment for Melia)

I think Melia is understanding a little more that God makes us all unique. She use to think that Zoe was the color she is because she played in the mud to long and didn't take a bath. I love my kids brain when they are trying to figure something out. Here is Zoe and Melia last year.

1 comment:

  1. Too precious. I love the innocence of their minds, and how their is never any ill will when they speak. It is so refreshing.

    Zoe and Melia are GORGEOUS!!

    ReplyDelete