Thursday, March 4, 2010

Leaning

today I am leaning. Not on my own understanding, but on the Lords. If you don't follow me on facebook you may not know that yesterday I started to spot. I was told to just wait it out and in five days retake a test. I would then know if I miscarried or was just spotting with my pregnancy. I rested yesterday in the Lord. I cried as I told Jeff we may not have a baby this November. Then I prayed. A lot. By the end of the day I had peace. I now know that what ever happens is Gods plan and is the perfect plan. As I rested I read this verse and it put things into place for me.
Whom have I in heaven but You? And besides You, I desire nothing on earth. My flesh and my heart may fail, But God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:25-26.
As the day went on my spotting lightened and I thought maybe things would be okay for the life inside me. This morning I woke and was no longer spotting I was bleeding. If I hadn't of taken a pregnancy test I would have thought it was just my time of the month. I don't know for sure the end to this story yet, but what ever it is I trust the writer with all of it.

6 comments:

  1. Oh Ruth...my heart aches for you. I understand completely your heartache as I lost our first baby, there is nothing quite like it. 1 Peter 5:7...casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you. He loves you Ruth. He alone placed the desire in you for children and He alone will give peace and comfort to replace the sorrow you are now bearing, as you walk through this time with Him. I will be praying for you girl. Love you, Chessa

    ReplyDelete
  2. :( I am sitting here with tears streaming down my face for you Ruth. But I am not sure if I am crying for the fact that God may have chosen this little one to get to go straight to him, or for the fact that you are such an awesome example of truly trusting in the Lord with all your heart and soul. I really respect you for the wonderful wife, mom, friend, and Christian that you prove to be day in and day out. I will hope for the best...and "trust the writer" along with you. I am so thankful to have you in my life. Thank you for being you. I am sending you my biggest hug.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Ruth, I am sorry. I understand the pain. I lost our second. I couldn't help but ask 'why?' But God is faithful and He will carry you through. Praying for you and your family.
    ~ Merriann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ruth, I know what you must be going through....and there are no words.... God is faithful and true. I am thankful that His grace is with you in each step- and that you know that. What a sweetness to have found out about your pregnancy when you did...His timing is perfect! I will be praying for you today, that the purpose for this precious little life will be glorifying to God each step of the way- for however He sees fit. Let me know if I can help-
    Cindy P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ruth, you are amazing and you are doing all that you can do in this moment. God has given me 4 sweet babies, and only 2 of them have I actually gotten to hold and watch grow up before my eyes. The other 2 I will meet when we're all in heaven together. It's so hard to understand, but putting your trust in God that He knows the plans that He has for you and for this baby, is the only thing that you can do right now. I'll pray for you that God will keep covering you in peace and comfort. And of course, I am going to pray that you get to keep this baby because I know too well what it feels like to lose them. Let me know if you need anything at all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ruth - thanks for coming over today...it makes me feel so special that on a day like today you would want to spend it with me and my crazy family. I know God has great plans for you and your family, and He will use even this for His glory and for your blessing. You're doing a great job of trusting in His perfect will for your life, and this trust will reap a great harvest in your life and give you peace in all your circumstances.
    I love you
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete