Monday, March 22, 2010

Samantha's first

At 11 the list of firsts isn't as long as her brothers, but this first was pretty neat. She entered her first contest. It was an American Girl Doll contest which required an essay and 5 photos. It was all about nature, so the photos were all outdoor items you picked from a list. I let her use my camera and lens. Then it was out to shoot some nature. It was a fun time together to give some tips and let her do what ever she wanted. I then let her edit the photos to what ever she liked. I don't know a lot about editing yet so it wasn't to hard to be hands off. She then wrote an essay and sent them both in. If she wins she could get an American Girl Doll. Here is a bit of her essay and the photos she took.

Nature is very important. From it comes our food, water, and even the air we breathe. The plants help give us air. There are so many different kinds of plants. I wish I had a laptop like Lanie's so I could look up all the different kinds of flowers and plants.

1 comment:

  1. Aww...I love this. I hope she wins. She took some GREAT pictures!

    ReplyDelete