Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Gearing up to slow down

At my last doctors visit I was told it was time to start resting as much as possible. Big baby was equaling more contractions. So I tried a week with no plan and good intention. Even on the most restful of those days I was having what I thought were to many contractions(along with some other common to me discomforts that are sure signs of the end). So I called work, said I was done and started a plan. Since I need my rest I can't just tackle everything I need to get done, so I am gearing up for a major slow down. With a lot of help from the girls and soon friends we are starting by filling the freezer.Thank you Chessa for the wonderful cookbook that has helped me many a time. Easy meals that Samantha(and little girls) can do and make complete by adding a side!! Dinner time is one of my hardest times. I am usually exhausted from a day of baby pain and not very hungry because my tummy is so small. Basically cooking is last on my list. Now it is a no brainer that the girls take care of(they did last nights meal alone). The other big thing is keeping the house in order. For this I made a chore chart. We have had them before divided for each girl. This time its one list that has to be done by nap and they have to work together. Yesterday was the first day and it went so well. It required some directing on my part which I did while sitting on the sofa. When Jeff got home he was amazed at how clean it was. My thought was why didn't I start this sooner!! Some items are to help keep hands busy, but it is also training the girls about a mommies day. The best thing was I didn't need to use the T.V. during the day to entertain. After nap and before dinner we did watch an educational cartoon that was well earned. Tomorrow will be the final day of meal prep and we will be in full on rest mode. Which does still include lessons out of the house as long as all I have to do is sit and wait!!

4 comments:

  1. What a good learning expirience for the girls! If you need any help let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cookbook? Did I miss something in an earlier post? Do tell the name. So sorry you are having a rough time of it, those big babies can be so painful to carry! I was just praying for you last night and will continue to do so. Are feeling up to coming for lunch/coffee sometime soon?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad Ruth, way to go in training your sweet girls! They are getting valuable experience, learning much and caring for their Momma all at the same time!

    Love, Chessa

    PS Jenn...it is Fix, Freeze and Feast

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are amazing and you girls are the best!! This cookbook sounds like a must have!! I am heading over to Amazon to see if I can find it!

    ReplyDelete