Friday, January 21, 2011

Home made

Turns out my kids prefer home made food over store bought already prepared! I learned this because of my good friend who gave me a loaf of home made wheat bread. Caleb had gone on a major bread strike. He would just through it on the ground. We got the good home made bread and he devoured it! Good thing they have a mom who loves the kitchen. I got the recipe for bread and away I went. I love watching the dough mix. I love waiting for it to rise and the smell that fills the air.The taste of home made bread is the best. Samantha has requested that we never buy bread from the store again. The next surprise was when we ate some home made refried beans from our same good friend. All my kids loved them! Mr. Caleb especially! He is anemic so any iron I can get in him is a good thing(he isn't fond of meat). Beans are full of iron. So again I got the recipe and set out to make beans. They are super easy because they are a crock pot creation. They don't look so pretty cooking, but they smelled great! In the end I got four bags of beans for the freezer. It felt good to provide for my family in a new and simple way

2 comments:

  1. You'll have to share the refried bean recipe! I've been wanting to make my own for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you share the recipe? I have been looking for one also.

    ReplyDelete